House Interpretation Volunteer (Weekend)
We are not currently recruiting to this role, but if you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch when we are.
What will you do?
– Interact with the public, while undertaking a traditional 17th C. pastime such as calligraphy, sewing, spinning, preparing vegetables, butter making, playing games etc
– Providing an extra insight into the history of the house and life in the house over the past 700 years
– Lead guided tours of the house, helping visitors to engage with the interpretation and answering any questions they may have
What will you learn?
– Gain first hand experience of volunteering in a heritage site and working in a period property
– Full training provided in content, the historical background of the house, guided tours and public engagement techniques
– Gain experience of interacting with the public and enhance your communication skills
– Be part of the active and diverse 1620s volunteer team and the wider heritage team across
Leicestershire County Council with networking and social opportunities.
Is this you?
– Good communication skills and confident engaging with the public
– Good customer care
– An interest in social history and preserving local heritage
-Available at weekends
– Experience of giving guided tours or working in a gallery (desirable)
– A usable period craft or domestic skills (desirable)